Sunday, June 29, 2008

Encouragement for Hope

...Be their ideal; let them follow the way you teach and live; be a pattern for them in your love, your faith, and your clean thoughts.          - 1 Timothy 4:12

Whether I like it or not, I am an example to Hope.  She watches and listens - therefore learns from me by the example I set for her to follow.  Many times I have failed to set the perfect example, I must admit.

Day by day, moment by moment, I want to improve.  I want to instruct Hope on the need to be there for others, to encourage in whatever way is needed.  The Bible says to do this by example. The little ways count.  I know the Lord will guide me through this struggle.  I have faith He will teach Hope that to grow as an encourager, she can start with small things as they comfort others - and build up from there.

Even equally important, I trust in the Lord that He will guide me to be a good influence before my daughter and show her, even while she is young, how important it is to walk with Christ and to obey His commands.  

Children have more NEED of ROLE MODELS than of CRITICS!!!! 

No comments: