Sunday, June 22, 2008

Waiting in the Wings

Blogs serve many purposes for a wide variety of individuals.  

If you know me well, you know that I have been journalling since before Hope was born.  You also probably know that when I journal I become a deep thinker and put my heart into what I have to say.  

For the next few weeks I will be journalling on our blog.  At 11:00 pm last night, the Lord put my mind and heart at rest - I was able to fall asleep... after being awake for 52 hours.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Journal

Today I will wait for the Lord.  I will put my hope in His Word and ask that He wash away all my anxiety.  I truly don't want the impatience I'm feeling to stand in the way of all the Lord desires to do in me.  I realize that even when my life seems to be standing still, as long as I am clinging on to Him - I am moving forward on the right path.  I will wait on the Lord.  
If I wait, I know in my heart, the Lord  will help me grow in my understanding of His ways and not succumb to impatience or discouragement just because my time table doesn't coincide with His.  The Lord will shine His light into any dark corner of my soul that needs exposed.  He will strengthen my faith to depend on His perfect timing for my life.  His Word says, if I wait on Him - The Lord will reset me in Him. 

I am thankful for all the Lord has given me.  He has blessed me with a loving husband and a beautiful daughter.  I am content with the step I'm on and the light He has given me.

I'm waiting on the Lord.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I do hope.  My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning. - Psalm 130:5-6

No comments: